Pre Engineered Metal Building manufacturer and division of a fortune 200 company. The Design Supervisors assists the company sales and profit efforts by directing and supervising the overall activities of the Design Group. Must be a Civil Engineer and PE with structural steel experience.
location: Eufaula, Alabama
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Assist the company sales and profit efforts by directing and supervising the overall activities of the Design Group.
- Control and supervise all necessary processes to insure that designs meet or exceed all applicable specification and standards to guarantee our customers safe and functional buildings and that all interests of our customers and the Corporation are reasonably held at all times.
- Work with the Design Group to provide safe, thorough, complete, accurate and timely designs.
- Aggressively maintain the design schedule to meet internal and external customer demands.
- Perform project designs as needed to meet schedule commitments.
- With guidance from the Builder Services Manager, The Design Supervisor is the primary individual responsible for the following:
- Develop and implement employee training and PCIP programs as well as provide performance appraisals and recommend compensation adjustments based on performance.
- Provide mentoring, coaching and accountability to the Design Group.
- Develop and maintain current design policies, procedures and practices.
- Develop and manage realistic department staffing requirements, expenditures for supplies and equipment and wage increases for employees.
- Coordinate recruiting and interviews for additions to the Design Group and make hiring recommendations.
- Along with the Builder Services Manager, participates in the strategic planning for the Design Group and make hiring recommendations.
- Provide back up support as situations arise for the Builder Services Manager function.
- Maintain control of the design programs to ensure that the correct versions are being used.
The Design Supervisor routinely works with the Design Engineers, District Sales Managers, Customer Service Reps, Department Managers and Supervisors, General Manager and customers.
qualifications: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- A minimum of a B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited school with an emphasis in Structural Engineering.
- P.E. registration
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience in the design of building systems.
skills: SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Strong business acumen and an understanding of how a building system company makes money is a must.
- Individual must display a strong aptitude for managing multiple tasks and assignments. The ability to conceptualize, implement and follow through on ideas for greater department efficiency and accuracy is necessary. The successful individual must be a strong planner and able to execute plans to achieve the desired results.
- The individual must be sensitive to the service demands of the Design Group's internal and external customers and must display determination in seeing that these needs are met with respect and professionalism.
- Effective verbal, written and graphical communication skills for both internal and external interaction as well as for project management are essential.
- The individual must possess both the interpersonal skills necessary to lead the efforts of the Design Group as well as the necessary leadership, organizational and technical skills.
- Must have a strong interest in upward progression.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.