Division of Fortune 200 company has an immediate need for a Civil/Structural Engineer for a direct hire permanent position. Ideal candidate has passed the FE Exam and is looking to pursue, or has obtained, their PE license. For immediate consideration please apply!
location: Lathrop, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 75,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Generate metal building design solutions that safeguard the intended occupants while providing cost effective design solutions that "take care of our customers" as well as generate profit for Company.
- Process designs in accordance with the purchase order and comply with governing building codes and standards.
- Design projects with accuracy and within time frames consistent with position expectations.
- "Value-engineer" projects in order to achieve an efficient and cost effective design to maximize profitability.
- Manage projects through effective communication and documentation with supervisor, customers, and teammates.
- Check and seal the work of co-workers.
- Assist in project meetings, estimating, research and development as requested.
- Demonstrate courteous and professional business etiquette, positively influence teammates, and evolve with changes in business demands.
- Safety is the most important part of all jobs; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from an (ABET) accredited school with an emphasis in Structural Engineering.
- Engineer Intern Status or have taken Fundamentals of Engineering Exam and awaiting results or scheduled to take FE.
- Currently hold or obtain a Professional Engineer (PE) registration within 5 years of being employed.
- Experience in the field of pre-engineered metal building systems.
- Can currently read, understand and comprehend Architectural, Structural, and Mechanical project drawings.
- Working knowledge and understanding of current building codes and standard industry practices.
- EIT or PE
- Civil Engineering degree
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.