Established International Manufacturer is seeking highly qualified Tool and Die Professionals to join their team. You will set up and operate a variety of machine tools to produce precision parts and instruments. In addition, you will also fabricate and modify parts to make or repair machine tools or maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures. Preference is for a Tool and Die Journeyman(card) with a minimum 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment. Apply today for immediate consideration!
location: Orangeburg, South Carolina
job type: Permanent
salary: $50,000 - 55,000 per year
work hours: 6am to 4pm
education: High School
responsibilities: ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, or grinders.
- Set up, adjust, and operate all of the basic machine tools and many specialized or advanced variation tools in order to perform precision machining operations.
- Study sample parts, blueprints, drawings, and engineering information in order to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate products, and determine product dimensions and tolerances.
- Fit and assemble parts to make or repair machine tools. Design fixtures, tooling, and experimental parts to meet special engineering and manufacturing needs.
- Measure, examine, and test completed units in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments such as micrometers vernier calipers.
- Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process
qualifications: QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or GED; plus a tool & die journeyman's card and/or a minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience as a Machinist or apprentice in a manufacturing environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Blueprint reading skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to operate all tool room equipment (grinders, mills, lathes, hand air tools, manual tools) without assistance, as well as hand tools & measurement tools.
- Applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret data are required.
skills: Desired skills and traits include:
- Strong attention to detail
- Self Motivated with the ability to work within a team but require little supervision
- Problem solver and troubleshooter skills are must
- Good attendance and safety awareness
- Adept to reverse engineering
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.