Contract position: Engineering & Construction client is looking for a Right of Way Specialist for long term assignments supporting electric utility transmission & distribution (T&D) line construction projects in Georgia. Client is looking for candidates who are local to the Atlanta, GA area.
location: Alpharetta, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $20 - 30 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
- Serve as a Right of Way (ROW) Specialist supporting electric utility transmission & distribution (T&D) line construction projects
- Responsible for the real estate research for projects in the Major Projects Program and may involve communication with our client's internal business units such as Transmission, Legal, Asset Protection and Vegetation Management
- Conduct your research by using databases at public facilities and on-line via the internet through Register of Deeds, GIS, Clerk of Court Records, Google, tax office, etc. and the client's archival system
- Attend kick off meetings, learn scope of project and clarify project needs
- Prepare easement list for projects by doing the following: identify and secure property ownership information; obtain copies of existing easements, release/partial release of easements, subordinations, encroachment agreements, & deeds.
- Secure necessary maps, plats, aerials, plan and profiles and use state/county/city web sites in order to perform the necessary research
- Support you Project Manager adn the client's Land Representatives with any follow-up easement/project issues throughout the life of the project
- You need 3-8 years of experience as a Right of Way (ROW) Specialist supporting some sort of linear construction project (T&D, railway, cable, transportation, or similar)
- If not ROW experience, then you must have real estate experience in the Utility industry
- You need to be able to examine titles as well as legal descriptions
- You need some experience reading and interpreting plan and profile drawings and survey drawings
- You must be familiar with public land records and how to research ownership as well as be familiar with numerous other land use issues
- You need to be able to read and plot legal descriptions
- The client prefers that you have an AS Degree or a Paralegal Certificate
- Must have solid researching & problem-solving skills and have the ability to perform research at courthouses
- Any GIS software experience a plus
- Ideal candidate has experience as a Right of Way (ROW) Specialist supporting some sort of linear construction project (T&D, railway, cable, transportation, or similar)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.