Engineering client is looking for an Archaeological Field Technician for a project in and around the Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX region. You need 3-7+ years of experience conducting archaeological pedestrian surveys.
location: Fort Worth, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $20 - 27 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Perform field surveys and project studies for the presence of cultural resources
- Conduct pedestrian surveys, shovel testing, archaeological excavations, artifact identification, archival research, and documentation of results
- This position is responsible for Research and prepare environmental assessments
- Assist with writing/preparation of technical reports
- Ensure compliance with company and site safety policies
- Work and collaborate in team settings
- 3-7+ years of experience conducting archaeological pedestrian surveys
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Archaeology/Anthropology or similar
- Knowledge of anthropology and archaeology methods and practice
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to operate various types of GPS equipment preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Access, SharePoint) preferred
- Any experience with Microstation CAD software is considered a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.