Production Supervisor needed for a leading Med Device Manufacturer in Buffalo Grove, IL. You will be responsible for supervising the day-to-day activities of the molding department for producing high quality medical products. Ensuring all product meets customer requirements while complying with all company standards including safety and lean practices.
location: Buffalo Grove, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 38 per hour
work hours: Rotating Shifts
education: High School
- Support the production manager in creating and sustaining a lean medical culture aligned with company goals and values.
- Responsible for the production of several MIM processes/lines in a highly technical environment. Overseeing the set-up, cycling and operating of all molding machines.
- Prioritize production schedules based on product introduction, equipment efficiency, and materials supply in order to meet customer requirements.
- Review daily/regularly plant operating performance and advise on changes in operating conditions that will improve efficiencies/quality.
- Conduct daily shift meetings to ensure clear communication and direction to the oncoming shift.
- Troubleshoot/analyze operational problems and advise on their resolution. Hold regular discussions with operators to coach performance and improve operational understanding/capability.
- Lead and coach Good Documentation Practices (GDP) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Lead, train and coach a team comprising of technical and DL to meet quality, cost, delivery and responsiveness requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring that all training is executed, and reviews of employees are conducted on time.
- Provide technical/operational advice to customer focus teams to correct issues utilizing scientific molding principles.
- Maintain safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all Lean practices/procedures.
- Ensures ISO and safety standards are adhered.
- High school diploma or equivalent and Associates Degree in related field, technical training or equivalent education training.
- Minimum 5 years of supervisor experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Injection molding experience required. Secondary operations and robotics in a clean Room environment helpful
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience with Lean, 5S or Six Sigma certified.
- Proficient in MS Office and Outlook.
- Demonstrates experience in performance development, teaching/leading, mentoring and/or organization development.
- Med Device
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.