Global company on the cutting edge of advanced robotics technology is currently in search for a Controls Engineer to join their growing team. Ideal candidate will have a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, minimum of three years experience as a controls engineer or technician in an automation environment. This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing organization with lots of opportunities for growth and promotions.
location: Lebanon, Ohio
job type: Permanent
salary: $77,000 - 89,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 6pm
- Carry out planned maintenance across the site.
- Analyse data and find solutions to improve performance.
- Complete quality inspections to ensure work is completed to a safe standard.
- Provide front line issues investigation of live production control systems (hardware and software) including the use of relevant diagnostic tools such as Profibus / Can Bus networks, Bar Code Readers.
- Work with the Automation Control team to diagnose and deploy the required code fixes.
- A bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or related discipline or advanced degree.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience as a controls technician, preferably in an automation environment.
- Good technical & experienced hands-on ability relating to automation hardware and software.
- A good understanding of PLC control system architecture and field control devices.
- A good understanding of DC motor controls.
- Online code monitoring, modification and development with Siemens S7 300/400 PLC's.
- Experience with SCADA and Siemens HMI systems.
- Experience in a warehouse, distribution, production or FMCG environment.
- Understanding of Control System Communication Protocols such as WCS and WMS systems.
- Good technical ability relating to automation hardware and software.
- Sound analytical skills with an eye for detail; good problem solving ability and a practical approach.
- Experience of working with computerized maintenance management systems.
- Numerate and PC literate including Word, Excel etc.
skills: siemens 7, robotics, controls, controls engineer, controls engineering, automation, automation engineer, robot, motor, motor control, plc, hmi, scada
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.