Project Manager needed for an immediate opening in San Antonio Texas. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment and have a demonstrated expertise in moving projects from inception to completion. They will have expertise in utilizing project management methodologies and working with departmental or cross-functional teams to deliver new or upgraded product. Leads program review and status meetings and communicates project status. Motivates and drives program team to ensure optimal performance. Ensures products are launched on time, within budget and meet all quality metrics.
location: San Antonio, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Provide leadership to cross-functional teams of Design Engineering, Supply Chain, Manufacturing Engineering, Lean Engineering, Sales and third-party partners in executing new product introduction projects.
- Facilitate cross-functional project team gate and launch assessments and utilize root cause analysis tools to determine lessons learned and lay out counter measures for future projects.
- Effectively mitigate project risks and create opportunities for project execution enhancements.
- Execute the NPI process through all stage gates and meet overall schedule.
- Operate with a deep sense of ownership and urgency at every stage of the new product development process.
- Coordinate the resolution of issues between business functions to drive overall project process.
- Ensure material is available to support all development builds.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant engineering discipline
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing or Engineering environment
- 2 + years of experience in a Project Manager role
- Experience with driving development of electro-mechanical products utilizing medium volume manufacturing domestically and/or overseas.
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing techniques, CNC operations and acquisition of tooling
- Experience presenting to C-level stakeholders
- General knowledge of castings (die and investment), forgings, plastic injection moldings, extrusions, machining, heat sink design, sheet metal, surface treatments (powder coating, painting, plating), stamping, drawing including tooling lead times
- Deep knowledge of program management approaches, tools and methodologies.
- Advanced communication, facilitation and project management skills.
- Advanced skills in PC based documentation tools including MS Project and MS Office.
skills: excellent communication, strong ability to push through a project
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.