Provide structural engineering consulting services for a variety of clients in various sectors. Coordinate with other engineering disciplines and construction personnel. Provide engineering services for the full life cycle of projects, from conceptual planning to completed construction.
location: Jupiter, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $95,000 - 125,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Coordinate structural design development and assist in providing structural direction for new and existing facilities.
- Provide structural expertise on all project aspects associated with conceptual engineering, detailed engineering designs, and preparation of contract documents for construction followed by construction administration with respect to the structural aspects of the project.
- Undertake site surveys, field investigations, condition surveys and feasibility studies for proposed projects and prepare reports.
- Lead the development of design and construction documents in accordance with acknowledged industry codes, standards and design guides.
- Coordinate with other disciplines including site civil, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, controls and architectural to create and update drawings and main documentation.
- Ensure that cost, customer service, quality, schedule and safety are incorporated into the design from commencement through completion.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Junior Structural Engineers
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Civil engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years Structural engineering design experience with commercial and residential architectural projects.
- Licensed engineer in the State of Florida, but if not, must have a current NCEES record to be able to obtain a Florida license.
- Must be in good standing and without past disciplinary actions.
- Strong proficiency in Structural Design Software (MecaWind, Bentley, Revit).
- Strong proficiency in AutoCAD and MS Office Suite.
- Strong Work Ethic with an Affinity for Rapid Learning
- Good communicator
- Mentor to junior engineers
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.