A well known company is looking for a Staff Electrical Engineer IV to join their team! This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door to a great company!
Travel: Domestic/International - Up to 10% to some other Company sites.
location: Andover, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 70 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Function as a lead technical resource for designing medical products. Design, prototype, and develop analog and digital electronic circuits.
- Coordinate and support electrical safety (IEC/UL 60601-1) and EMC (IEC60601-1-2) certification testing.
- Investigate new technologies that could be used in the future products.
- Provide continuous technical support to maintain and improve cost, margin, performance and quality. Provide engineering support to customer service, marketing and other departments for instrument or system performance problems.
- Train and mentor junior engineers.
- Knows and adheres to the quality policy of the company and the quality-related procedures and instructions
- Reports any deviation in product or process, of which he/she becomes aware, to his/her manager or the Quality department
- Completes all necessary training in the area of Quality and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)
- Immediately reports any dissatisfaction or complaint which is brought to their attention from a customer or patient regarding a company product (e.g. in terms of quality, durability, reliability, safety or performance) to the complaints department
- Complies with all health, safety and environmental policies, procedures and job hazard analyses applicable to specified job activities; including medical evaluations as required by job function
- Completes all required HSE training.
- Education: B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Experience: 10 - 15 years of electronic design experience. Medical device experience required
- Experience in taking at least two products from inception to launch.
- Proficient in investigating issues and come to logical decision based on data collected.
- Proficient in Electronics (mixed-signal, analog and digital) design, simulation and testing.
- Experienced in IEC 60601 second and third edition.
- Experience in BLDC motor controller design and high frequency layout is preferred.
- Proficient in using lab equipment and debugging tools such as oscilloscope, logic analyzer and multimeters.
- Thorough understanding of FDA and MDD design control requirements for electronic and software controlled devices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills required.
- Quality and Health & Safety (QHSE) Responsibilities
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.