Director of Operations located in Southern NJ for a leading logistics solutions organization for the food industry. This role is responsible to manage site P&L to meet and exceed budgeted objectives and goals.. To be considered - Four year degree with at least ten (10) years of Operations leadership experience in the logistics/distribution industry, preferably in food industry. This is a direct hire opportunity to join a growing organization. Relocation assistance is available. APPLY NOW!
location: Newfield, New Jersey
job type: Permanent
salary: $155,000 - 165,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Leads and maximizes revenue, EBITDA, financial performance and capital management.
- Manages customer inventory.
- Ensures compliance, including all aspects of food safety, import/export operations and regulations.
- Ensures adequate customer pricing and profitability analysis is in place.
- Reviews and approves adequate plans for the control of budget spending, labor efficiency, customer service, import/export, transportation and operations
- Reviews performance against operating plans and standards
- Develops and maintains service metrics and staff development
- Ensures compliance regarding policies, procedures, workflows, claims and training needs.
- Manages the layout and set-up of the warehouses and WMS for the appropriate storage and efficient handling of the product.
- Sets and allocates targets to warehouse staff and organizes staff training activities.
- Bachelor's degree is required (Technical degree is ideal)
- Must have at least ten (10) years of work experience in the logistics/distribution industry, preferably in food industry
- Operations leadership experience is required
- Must have experience leading the operations of 400 or more employees
- Experienced in a commercial setting, engaging with external customers
- Skilled in use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and (logistic) WMS systems
- Company issued benefits package
- Relocation assistance
- PTO / Vacation plan
- Bonus potential
- Growth opportunity
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.