Well established plastics manufacturer in Walworth County is looking for a Maintenance Technician to join their team. This opening is for 2nd Shift 3pm-11pm Mon - Fri no rotating schedule. This position is an additional resource to provide maintenance and repairs at our clients plastic manufacturing facility. This position is responsible for performing duties to repair and maintain machinery, equipment, building and facilities under the direction of the Plant Manager or lead personnel. Preventative maintenance, preparedness for upcoming repairs, controlling costs, maintaining machines to produce quality products and overall up time are crucial elements to this role. If this sounds like you apply now!
location: Whitewater, Wisconsin
job type: Permanent
salary: $54,000 - 58,000 per year
work hours: 3pm to 11 pm
education: High School
- Overall maintenance of all equipment and facilities (not limited to production machines).
- Troubleshoot basic to complex operating issues; the ability to get to root cause utilizing data and making recommendations to improve reliability.
- Under the guidance of suppliers and engineering, install and test new machinery or equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance on machinery or equipment and make recommendations to improve the PM plans.
- Build platforms, stands, carts and tables for production use.
- Setup and operate basic maintenance shop utility equipment.
- Perform routine housekeeping activities in the department.
- Record and submit accurate work records, quality data, and update files as appropriate utilizing maintenance planning software.
- Follow PPE and safety rules specified for the work area.
- Train others as directed by management.
- Perform other duties as assigned i.e. participate in safety and gemba walks.
- Execute sound decision making and prioritization independently when necessary.
- Actively participate in problem-solving and continuous improvement activities that improve safety and OEE; follow through on assigned tasks.
- Participate in preventative maintenance planning, execution, record keeping
- Five years' maintenance experience in a variety of disciplines - electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical.
- Machine preventive maintenance and repair experience highly desired.
- Driven individual who is a self-starter, creates a sense of urgency, team oriented, organized and has outstanding follow through skills.
- Ability to diagnose/perform hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical repairs on injection molding presses.
- Ability to diagnose/repair custom built machinery.
- Knowledge of PLC programming and automation - desirable.
- Ability to perform basic machining operations.
- Ability to work from verbal or written instructions, drawings and specifications.
- Ability to comprehend and use measuring devices and basic diagnostic tools.
- Ability to perform the job and meet department standards and quality targets on a consistent basis.
- Must possess or be able to obtain certification to operate a forklift.
- Ability to work with others across multiple functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.