Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Leading manufacturing company in the construction and agricultural industry is looking for their next Sr. Mechanical Engineer for Powertrain / Engine Installation. This great updated facility is located in Racine County Wisconsin. This person will provide specialty research and development, engineering analysis, system simulation, and performance enhancement in strategic powertrain technology areas. This person will have experience with large off road vehicle engine installation Will be solving performance and durability analysis problems, and provide design insights and leadership to the Power Systems team on a project basis.
location: Franksville, Wisconsin
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Design / Develop the integration of Engines, Cooling system and Aftertreatment devices for applications in the Ag or Construction Equipment industry.
- Develop Power and Torque curves, in conjunction with Engine Supplier, for both Ag and Construction Industry applications.
- Conduct and/or participate in FEA and CFD analysis of the Engine Installation, Cooling Systems, Aftertreatment Systems and any auxiliary systems.
- Work with suppliers to validate product designs to meet specifications.
- Lead design reviews for Engine and related systems during the development process to ensure designs meet requirements, are cost effective, manufacturable and meet quality targets.
- Orchestrate and participate in Quality driven initiatives such as APQP or Six Sigma for Engine, Cooling and Aftertreatment systems.
- Author performance specs, test procedures, and design standards in the following areas of Engine, Installation, Cooling System
- 5 plus years of experience in design & manufacturing of driveline systems, such as engines, transmissions, drive shafts, differentials and the final drive of off-highway vehicles (including agriculture, construction, mining machinery)
- Powertrain and controls system experience related to the design and development of mobile equipment
- Possess a strong mechanical knowledge of vehicles, trucks, mobile equipment, and related systems
- Working knowledge of hydraulic systems and designs
- Knowledgeable in the design of the engine systems, including chassis integration
- Preferred skills with FEA (ANSYS), and CFD is a plus
- Multi-Body Dynamic tools (Adams and/or MatLab Simulink) which incorporate FEA flex bodies for loads generation and durability analysis is a plus
- Experience in systems engineering, DOE, and optimization. Durability attribute and advanced fatigue theory knowledge is required, including experience with engine and vehicle validation and durability processes
skills: Computer Skills:
- Competent in CAD software, i.e. CREO, Pro-E, AutoCAD, NX required; CFD and FEA, a plus.
- Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.