A Project Engineer is needed for a leading food manufacturing organization. You will be responsible for leading a variety of complex plant projects ranging from equipment installations, building upgrades, MEP enhancements, and related facility modernization.
Qualified candidates must have 1+ years leading complex plant projects for a food production facility, and a BS in Engineering is required. This is a direct hire role, which will support NC and SC facilities. Candidates can expect to travel regionally at times up to 70% of time. Candidates can work remote when not at a plant. Relocation is available for qualified candidates. This opportunity carries excellent bonus potential.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Lead cross functional teams on projects ranging from plant capital machine invests, facilities projects targeted to grow business and reduce operating costs, as well as improve operation of the site
- Work with vendors and sub contractors to determine project scope, budget, and schedules
- Determine project specifications by studying product design, plant requirements, performance standard and completing technical studies
- Determine project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements, assigning personnel to phases and elements, and reviewing bids from contractors
- 1+ year leading complex plant projects for a poultry or meat processing plants; These can range from equipment installation, building upgrades, MEP enhancements, and related facility modernization
- Project Engineering experience within a food production plant at minimum and fresh meat production facility is strongly preferred
- Proficiency with AutoCAD preferred
- BS in Engineering, related experience may be considered
- Able to work well with minimal direction
- Ability to travel 70% of the time weekly
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.