GTx2 Construction Lead V
Well known company is seeking a Engineering - Project Director V Engineer to join their team for a 12 month contract role. Great opportunity to get your foot in the door to a great company,
location: Sanford, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $128 - 138 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- The Construction Lead will be fully responsible for the performance of the CM Company.
- Ensure companies best practices are embedded in the execution approach for the delivery of the construction phase of the project.
- Proactive Safety Champion (in the field presence)
- Work with the Design Manager to manage the Design - Construction interface.
- Review design packages and identify potential SOW Gaps and Risks.
- Drive vendor information so final equipment setting and connections details can be developed.
- Field verify tie-in information and coordinate tie-in with site
- Leadership - One Team with Same Goals and Objectives
- Integrated planning sessions to manage schedule
- Manage RFI, FCN, CO, and prioritize action items with design
- Track construction progress against planned activities
- Manage Risk, Contracts Oversight, Quality, Punch lists and Action Items
- Subcontractor performance management oversight
- Manage the turnover of systems from the CM Team to the Commissioning team and the close out of the CM contract.
- Act as the primary point of contact for field related activities with the existing Operations team at the site.
- Oversight of the complete Project Construction Schedule up to MC of all Systems.
- Working with the Companies Project Controls lead, review and approve construction contract packages expenditure and changes in a timely manner in support of the overall Project schedule. Ensure all sub-contact packages are fully closed out, final accounts are complete and all relevant construction documentation is comprehensively complied and handover to the site in line with existing systems and procedures.
- Provide oversight of the Construction Quality management system.
- TOP - development matrix, obtain information, drive review and hand over to appropriate parties
- Work with start-up team to develop safe energization and hand-over procedures
- Implement general procedures, metrics and deliverables in support of successful delivery of the project objectives on time and within budget.
- Identify project risks and opportunities and propose mitigation plans.
- Provide effective communication and reporting for the construction phase of Pro.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent.
15- 20 years exp.
skills: - Held a similar management position on a large capital (>$100MM) and experienced in all stages of large project execution.
- Experience of working in the Biopharmaceutical Industry
- Knowledge of project execution for fully automated facility design
- Experience of facility design in a 3D Model / BIM environment
- Experience in new facility start-up
- Experienced in managing budgets both capital and expense
- Experienced in sub-contract negotiation
- Good knowledge of Contract law and disputes resolution process
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- An ability to deal with change and implement new effective processes
- An ability to work through peers and across organisational boundaries and influence at all levels in the business.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.