One of the fastest growing companies within the US is currently in search for a Project Manager who has experience with Engineering & Automation Project Management. The ideal candidate will have 10+ years experience within the Material Handling Equipment industry, a bachelors degree in Engineering with a strong preference for a masters degree. The Project Manager will be responsible for site oversight, budget, timelines along with plans, design and managing the entire construction site. Ideal candidate will have experience leading multimillion dollar projects that are highly complex and have very tight timelines.
location: Middletown, Ohio
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 155,000 per year
work hours: Rotating Shifts
- Deliver installation against agreed budget, within one year; formally present variations and mitigations to the business at regular intervals.
- Plan, design and manage construction site.
- Leadership and management of project stakeholders, suppliers, and a site presence up to 250 people for 12-14 months on a construction site.
- This position will be the most senior engineer on site and will be the technical expert in the field.
- Develop a build plan for all phases of the project, concentrating on build-ability and access for all phases of the project.
- Define SSOW on construction site.
- Responsible for MHE risk identification, mitigation and documentation, to include anticipating engineering challenges and the need to manage and consult mitigations/issues (e.g., prototypes, engineering compliance, etc)
- Install, commission and fault-find complex Mechanical Handling Equipment against challenging budgets, while delivering machines that operate correctly first time.
- A Masters degree in Engineering or related field
- A minimum of 8 years' experience in managing complete, multi-million dollar projects
- Skilled in tendering and negotiating $10M+ incorporating high labor content, technical difficulty against a challenging budget target
- Ability to understand and work with legal teams on AIA legal construction standard, utilizing legal tools to mitigate risk (e.g., bonds, damages, payment terms)
- Experienced in Construction Site Management for a minimum of 200 people
- Ability to negotiate with local authority to get sign off or convert UK spec machine to US compliant machine
- Understanding of national/local legislation for construction/engineering compliance
- Proficient knowledge of OSHA safety requirements
- Proficient with Microsoft Project or Primavera 6
- Knowledge of Controls and Automation (Design, Install, Commission)
- Preferred (in addition to minimum)
- PMP or Equivalent
- Functional Safety Qualification (e.g., TUV Certified Professional)
- Qualified to risk assess, permit, isolate and lock off low voltage electrical equipment (ideally authorized to practice in state)
- Competency of lifting operations, including contract lifts, banks man, and slinging
- Competency of working at height and confined areas (e.g., ability to write recovery plans, managing work near open edges, etc)
- Ability to navigate common drawing packages (e.g., Autocad, Revit, Google SketchUp, EPlan + Solidworks etc)
- Ability to negotiate legal trade contracts with Legal team and suppliers using American Institute of Architects standard contract
- Ability to develop a quality plan with high volume Fabricators managing accountability and stage gate sign off (e.g., right first time, batch tracking, certificate of conformance, escalation plan)
- Automation, MHE, Material handling equipment, automated equipment, pick and place, robot, robots robotics, material
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.