A well known manufacturer in Frederick, MD is seeking a Controls Technician to assist with their growing team. This Controls Technician will be responsible for maintaining control panels and systems, troubleshooting and assisting with programming and design for new controls projects as well. This Controls Technician should be experienced in investigating tasks on PLCs, HMI and automated systems on the manufacturing floor as well as performing electrical/power distribution system maintenance for AC/DC systems up to 480V. The ideal Controls Tech will have 3+ years experience, be flexible with their schedule (their will be a rotating AM/PM shift schedule), and be open to change as the job will be a mix of maintenance as well as new product development and projects. Siemens 505, S7 PLCs, Siemens AC Vector, Wonderware and/or Allen Bradley is strongly preferred.
Our Client is offering relocation assistance for the right candidate.
location: Frederick, Maryland
job type: Permanent
salary: $58,000 - 75,000 per year
work hours: 6am to 4pm
education: No Degree Required
- Provide support of electrical and controls maintenance to the manufacturing lines and ancillary systems.
- Troubleshoot and modify to improve sequencing, ad, modify, and remove alarms.
- Perform work as an industrial electrician with panels, systems and wiring up to 480V.
- Obtain certification as as a Level 1 Electrician at the facility.
- 3+ years of experience is required.
- Experience working with Electrical Distribution systems and wiring up to 480V is required.
- Siemens 505 or S7 PLCs, Siemens AC Vector Drives, Allen Bradley and/or Wonderware prefered.
- Flexibility in schedule.
- Eager to grow within the company.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.