An Electrical Engineer is needed for a utility holding company in the Eau Claire, WI or Maple Grove, MN area. This role will support High Voltage Substation Equipment Maintenance and Capital projects.
30% travel time driving within WI
location: Eau Claire, Wisconsin
job type: Contract
salary: $38.30 - 50.88 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- This is primarily an office job, but it is expected that the successful candidate will spend time supporting technicians in the field (or substation)
- Work is expected to result in the development of new/improved techniques and procedures or new/refined equipment, materials, processes, products, and/or scientific methods.
- Represents the organization as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects and interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from ABET accredited curriculum (or recognized equivalency)
- 5+ years relevant engineering experience
- EIT/FE (Engineer in Training/Fundamentals of Engineering) preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate the unique technical skills and core competencies for this engineering level established & documented by the organization.
- Preferred PE (Professional Engineer) registration may be required depending on business need
- Experience working on Substation Projects is desired.
- Basic understanding of power systems
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.