Well known company is seeking a Production Technician is responsible for leading set up, operation, and troubleshooting of production lines which fill life-saving medicines into the final containers.
location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
job type: Contract
salary: $25 - 28 per hour
work hours: 3pm to 12am
The Production Technician works as a team player with good communication skills while exemplifying good production floor leadership.
New colleagues will be trained on:
- Following all safety procedures
- Commitment to integrity
- Good Manufacturing Practice regulations for the United States and other countries
- Problem-solving methods
- Setting up and changing over the production lines
- Demonstrating ownership and accountability to achieve the production schedule
- Monitoring the production line
- Ensuring adequate inventory of parts and materials prior to initiating a production run
- Assisting maintenance in equipment troubleshooting
- Performing total productive maintenance/operator care tasks
- Executing in-process quality inspections
- Recording entries in batch record
- Cleaning and sanitizing production lines
- Developing corrective and preventive actions
- Completing and maintaining all required training on time
- Identifying and implementing process improvements
- Strong attention to detail to execute and improve GMP processes and documentation required.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of various office applications required.
- Electro-Mechanical experience/knowledge preferred.
- Primary interfaces include: Quality Operations, Internal Production Units, Warehouse, Engineering Maintenance, Automation Engineering and EHS.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and significant progress towards Associate or Bachelor's Degree in a technical, science or engineering field
- Good communication skills across a diverse set of colleagues
- Strong attention to detail
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree in technical, science or engineering discipline
- Formal training/education in process-based thinking and problem-solving
- Prior pharmaceutical or manufacturing experience
- Quality Operations, Internal Production Units, Warehouse, Engineering Maintenance, Automation Engineering and EHS.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.