An Electric Engineer is needed for a leading industrial manufacturing organization. The Electric Engineer is responsible for improving electrical and instrumentation equipment found within the plant.
Qualified candidates must have a BSEE and 7+ years of electrical reliability experience, or an E&I/ I&C background within a industrial manufacturing setting. This is a direct hire role located near Kalamazoo, MI. Relocation is available for qualified candidates.
location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Support electricians in the installation and troubleshooting of electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems including motor controls, hydraulic pumps, valves and cylinders, electrical distribution equipment, and instrumentation
- Track equipment related downtime, repetitive failure, and cause data to identify opportunities for improvement
- Maintain reliability improvement plans for departmental electrical assets;Ensure spare parts, equipment and bill of materials are updated in CMMS (SAP)
- Support capital and repair projects; Ensure reliability improvements are incorporated into routine and major outage work scopes
- Maintain documentation of electrical drawings and vendor documentation
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- 7+ years of electrical reliability experience, or an E&I/ I&C background within a industrial manufacturing setting
- Working knowledge of ABB VFD's, Allen Bradley PLC's, DeltaV, RSLogix 5000, and HART instrumentation a plus
- Proficient with a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), preferably SAP
- Knowledgeable with 13.8kV to 480V motor control centers, switchgears, transformers, DC Motors, and relays
- Experience training junior I&E Supervisors is preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.