APQP Engineer located just North of Nashville, TN for a leading manufacturer of consumer goods. Position is responsible to support the qualification of new parts/components in collaboration with engineering, purchasing and the supplier through PPAP. Candidates will have a B.S or A.S degree with at least (3) three years' Supplier Quality experience working in a high-volume manufacturing environment. This is a long-term contract opportunity. APPLY NOW!
location: Pleasant View, Tennessee
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 40 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Responsible to support the qualification of new parts/components through PPAP
- Responsible for auditing suppliers processes for compliance to company standards
- Lead PPAP and start up training sessions for suppliers
- Support purchasing/Engineering with risk assessment during new supplier selection process
- Responsible for investigating, analyzing and correcting quality problems generated by purchased parts
- Improve supplier quality performance for the assigned commodity
- Utilize statistical analysis tools to understand process variances, investigate and identify root cause.
- Travel to supplier sites to examine readiness
- Four (4) year degree or Two (2) year degree is required (BS degree in Engineering is preferred)
- Must have at least three (3) years of Supplier Quality experience within a high-volume manufacturing environment
- Must have tooling, DVT and process sign off experience
- Ability to conduct PPAP assessments
- Experience utilizing AIAG's APQP tools
- Knowledge of problem solving tools (8D, 5 whys, A3 etc.)
- Contractor benefits
- PTO plan
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.