A privately held national engineering consulting firm that is serving the construction industry is seeking an Forensic Engineer for their growing office in Fort Lauderdale, FL. Must have business development experience.
location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $125,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Perform and supervise field inspections of residential, commercial, high rise and/or industrial projects for contract conformity code compliance and/or assessment of cause and origin damages
- Ability to manage direct reports, and perform office management functions
- Review all pertinent construction documentation per client's requests and provide honest and unbiased analysis and consultation on alleged damages and deficiencies
- Provide construction-related analysis to clients on a variety of diverse engineering projects. Including forensic testing and investigation
- Provide written estimates on structures to determine value of damages and responsible party/parties
- Provide timelines and project updates to clients on a consistent and timely basis
- Identify and pursue new business development opportunities
- Travel is required while performing project completion duties as needed
- Applicant must be a P.E.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in related engineering field: Civil or Structural preferred
- Previous project engineering or construction project management a plus
- Able to travel and/or work a flexible schedule during periods of peak demand
- Business development experience
- Forensic investigation and claim experience
- Well organized with the ability to manage a team and meet project deadlines
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.