Project engineer needed for a client in Northwest Indiana just outside of Chicago. Client is looking for a hands on mechanical engineer, who has experience with Electrical Controls. Salary will be based on experience.
location: Hammond, Indiana
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 75,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Responsible for full-cycle Project Management of capital projects and plant projects (i.e. start to implementation); including installations, operation and maintenance repair of equipment.
- Maintain safety, product quality and manufacturing effectiveness through daily troubleshooting and resolution of issues related to: PLCs, Controls, and various other mechanical issues.
- Will support the planning, development, implementation, and management of maintenance systems including the maintenance work order system and preventative maintenance programs.
- Identifies and executes solutions for improvement in safety, quality, productivity and cost.
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering required
- PLC and/or Controls experience is required
- Experience editing and troubleshooting PLC codes
- Must have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- At least 2-3 years of experience in manufacturing working with projects, systems and maintenance.
- Great benefits
- Experience in paper, pulp or process environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.