Chemical manufacturer in the Omaha, NE area is seeking an Analytical Chemist to add to their team. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor's degree in Chemistry or Biology as well as field lab experience. Lighter candidates will be considered. This is a second shift role: Hours are 3:30 pm-12:00 am.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Omaha, Nebraska
job type: Permanent
salary: $36,000 - 38,000 per year
work hours: 3pm to 12am
- Conduct analytical tests for the purpose of the timely release of batches and approval of raw materials adhering to good laboratory practices
- Conduct analytical testing on raw materials and batches.
- Maintain records and prepare reports and correspondence related to the work
- Perform GMP investigations and inspection
- Analyze samples from various sources to provide information on compounds or quantities of compounds present using analytical techniques and instrumentation.
- Accurately fill out batch records and raw material paperwork.
- Ensure regularly scheduled lab equipment checks and instrument maintenance is conducted and properly logged.
- Interpret data
- Report scientific results according to Standard Operating Procedure guidelines
- Bachelor's degree in science/ physical science.
- Lab experience within the field.
- Familiarity with and ability to troubleshoot basic instrumentation; GC, spectrophotometers, pH meters.
- Experience with basic analytical techniques such as titrations and weighing
- Proven ability to multitask
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- lab experience
- analytical skills
- excellent documentation abilities
- experience with basic instrumentation; GC, spectrophotometers, pH meters.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.