Building Automation Controls Engineer opportunity with a well established client in either the Richmond, VA (preferred) or the Greensboro, NC area. This contract, potential temp to hire position will be responsible for all technical aspects of BAS projects from developing the scope of work to turn over
location: Glen Allen, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 40 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Use company or customer design standards to create project shop drawings per project documentation
- Select materials including DDC modules, field sensing and control devices, dampers and valves to meet the project requirements, specifications, codes and customer standards
- Utilize company or customer standard programs for designing the graphic function blocks for assigned projects
- Inspect HVAC system including point-to-point, determining the proper operating ranges for field devices, as well as complete functional system checkouts
- Conduct graphics engineering functions which includes: creating equipment and floor plan graphics per project documents, graphics submittal packages as required, etc.
- Other duties as required
BA/BS in an Engineering discipline with approximately 3 - 5 plus years relevant experience (will consider AA/AS degreed candidates with the appropriate level of experience)
- Knowledge in DDC control theory and applications pertaining to the HVAC/Control
- Prior experience in HVAC and/or Building Automation
- Experience with engineering design programs such as AutoCAD, Microsoft Visio, etc.
- Knowledge of computer networking systems
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.