The Process Engineer will function as part of Drug Product Maintenance team to provide Maintenance and Engineering support to on-going Drug Product (DP) operational areas. This position works directly with the area Maintenance Team Leader and is integrated with the team of craftsmen and enablers who support that same operating area of responsibility and will suggest best practices, processes and workflows.
location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 75 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
General responsibilities are to provide the technical program leadership and implementation activities to maximize the maintenance-related uptime and operating efficiencies of equipment and facility assets. The ME is also responsible for optimizing Preventative Maintenance (PM) strategies and for updating the associated planning and tracking systems. This position interacts extensively with the Operations Area in a business partner arrangement to achieve mutual production and uptime goals.
Specific functions include the following:
- Establishes the initial Preventive Maintenance / Calibration activities for equipment / instruments that are in accordance with the guidelines and specifications for that particular equipment / instrument class.
- Selects the initial Maintenance Strategy for new equipment and provides updates to keep the strategy current.
- Implements equipment reliability plans by ensuring job plans and tasks are established (Preventative Maintenance (PM), Predictive Maintenance (PdM), Calibrations, etc.).
- Updates equipment reliability plans based upon Root Cause Failure Analysis results to further reduce the number of failures and minimize the effects of failures that do occur.
- Performs root cause failure analysis of equipment deficiencies, develops, changes, and/or initiates maintenance activities such as PM, Condition Based Monitoring (CBM), lubrication programs, calibration, training, and spare parts strategies to improve performance and equipment availability.
- Based on investigation results, develops design modification projects to improve performance and initiates work orders or capital projects to complete.
- Primary responsibilities will be Monday - Friday on first shift. Additionally, there will be need to work variable shifts and overtime as required.
- Education: Engineering Degree (BS or MS), from an Accredited Institution
- Experience: Minimum 3 years related Maintenance Engineering experience. Experience with pharmaceutical manufacturing equipment preferred.
- Language Skills: Excellent English reading, writing, speaking and communication
- Certificates, Licenses or Registrations: Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP) (or equivalent) preferred.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking required. Ability to perform mathematical calculation and perform complex data analysis required.
- Use of hearing, eye, hand and foot protection is required. Personal Protective Equipment applicable to the task must always be worn and is a condition of employment.
- Available to work overtime as required
- Maintenance Engineering, pharmaceutical manufacturing equipment preferred.
- Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP) (or equivalent) preferred.
- mathematical calculation and perform complex data analysis required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.