A Mechanical Design Engineering Manager is needed for a leading machinery manufacturing organization in Atlanta, GA. The Mechanical Design Engineering Manager is responsible for managing a team designing and building complex high speed packaging machinery.
Qualified candidates must have a BS in Engineering, and 5+ years of experience leading designs for packaging machinery, and prior people management experience. Relocation is available for qualified candidates.
location: Atlanta, Georgia
job type: Permanent
salary: $95,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Oversee conceptual designs for both complete packaging systems as well as individual mechanisms; conduct preliminary feasibility studies and cost estimates
- Oversee project/product management including scheduling, planning, estimating and resource assignment throughout the full product life cycle
- Interface directly with customers on machine problems; Establish relationships with technical personnel in the field and provide troubleshooting assistance when needed
- Provide direction, coaching, and oversight to engineering team members
- BS in Engineering
- 5+ years of experience leading mechanical system design for packaging machinery
- Must me proficient with a 3D design software; SolidWorks preferred
- Must have experience with a project management software
- Prior people management experience
- Must have experience with dynamic, mechanical, timed mechanisms
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.