Immediate, direct hire, opening for an Electrical Engineer / Controls Engineer / PLC Programmer working for a custom machine design & build firm out in the York, PA area. (as well as system integration, start-up, commissioning services)
This person will work with capital equipment and material handling systems and will be expected to travel around 25% of the time to be a part of the start up team. (setup and startup of hardware and software for the PLCs, variable frequency drives, control and communications networks and other miscellaneous electrical hardware and software.)
location: York, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Responsibilities for the PLC Programmer
- Create and read logic and flow diagrams for program design, programming, simulation, testing and start-up
- System monitoring, debugging and troubleshooting operational problems; Modify existing programs from customer requirements
- Specify, design and build programs to be installed on the equipment, select and configure other automation devices, such as VFDs for automation/control.
- Provide guidance to Field Service Engineers in programming, repair, installation and maintenance of PLC systems
- PLC programming - Allen Bradley control systems.
qualifications: Requirements for the PLC Programmer
- BS in Engineering or related field, ideally
- 3+ years' of experience in PLC programming, required
- Proficiency with multiple manufacturers automation hardware and software including, but not limited to Allen Bradley
- Experience reading and modifying electrical control schematics; Knowledge of servo motion controls systems and/or robot motion control
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes and safety protocols, preferred
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Competitive benefits, vacation pay, holiday pay, 410k etc..
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.