Seeking a Equipment Manufacturing Engineer for a high growth client in Minneapolis, MN. The Manufacturing Engineer would be responsible for concept development, benchmark testing, manufacturing process development, product validation and documentation. Apply now!
location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 50 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- The focus will be on single use bag assembly manufacturing, components for disposable manufacturing, and assembly technology for our unique liquid handling products.
- Use your technical expertise to deliver innovative and robust fluid management products to dominate new-to-company applications
- Operate as a key contributor to an experienced design & manufacturing team to transfer new fluid management products into pilot production and through validation;
- Provide critical evaluation of concept performance vs customer need and competitive bench-marking
- Lead the design of new components, fixtures for prototyping and manufacturing equipment, and provide design direction to external equipment suppliers
- Conception of manufacturing process flows and direct the implementation of new processes
- Fabricate prototype samples to support customer alpha and beta tests;
- Communicate status updates to senior management within the context of a structured phase-gate process.
- Mechanical or related engineering field with product design (0-5 years' experience) is required
- Plastics/polymer molding and bonding experience highly desired.
- Engineering, process development or manufacturing experience with plastic component assembly in a regulated environment is highly desired.
- 3D CAD expertise is required for product design.
- Experience using structured DOE and statistical methods for developing, modeling, and validating regulated manufacturing processes.
- Experience with medical device or bioprocess system components and regulatory requirements is highly desired.
- Some travel (domestic and international) should be expected (5-10%).
- Plastics, Manufacturing, Product Design, Process Validation, Medical Device, Process Design, Product Design
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.