Industrial Machinery & Equipment company is seeking an Entry-Level to Mid-Level Manufacturing Engineer
to join their team. This position is an integral part in supporting the manufacturing Operations Team. Qualified candidates will have a bachelor's degree and 3-5 years of experience.
location: Newberg, Oregon
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 70,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Gathers and analyzes data to assist in detail component routings.
- Gathers and analyzes relevant data to assist in supply chain decisions.
- Work with engineering, manufacturing and assembly staff to resolve DFM and DFA issues.
- Supports product design and development efforts by providing manufacturing cost and DFM analysis as well as operations leadership in PDT teams
- Collect, analyze, and present cost savings based on improvement activities.
- Interprets geometric dimensions and tolerances.
- Evaluate part drawings for clarity and design intent.
- Justify internal purchases utilizing ROI calculations.
- Investigate technologies to assist in process improvement.
- Works with manufacturing team to standardize and modernize tooling used throughout facility.
- Advises purchasing staff in management of internal manufacturing processes, and outsourcing capabilities.
- Makes recommendations and prepares layout drawing using computer-assisted drafting software to show optimized positioning of equipment and materials.
- Shares DFM methodologies and considerations with design team to strengthen their skill sets and learning to improve feasibility of conceptual designs.
- Develops CAD designs and models for necessary fixtures to be used in performing assembly and or machining operations.
- Supports ECN deliverables including routing, drawing, instructions, and support changes.
- Assists in vendor selection as required.
- Works with organization leaders to develop training and process improvement plans. - Models professionalism and leadership characteristics.
- Works with individual leaders in department meetings to develop team problem solving skills.
- Troubleshoots and resolves quality and manufacturing problems through consultation with manufacturing, design engineering, and quality assurance staff.
- Provides ongoing technical support to help resolve process, quality, or equipment issues
- Evaluates manufacturability of conceptual and preliminary designs developed by design team.
- Provides constructive suggestions on how to revise designs and define tolerances to make parts easier to assemble.
- Develops and updates routings for assemblies for lean production and minimized cycle time
- Designs assembly fixtures and testing fixtures to support standard and special projects.
- Develops assembly and manufacturing cost and build time estimates for quotes.
- Handles stress in a professional manner, demonstrates the ability to get along with others, demonstrates successful attendance and punctuality, and works overtime / extra hours as required to meet business needs.
- Manages and improves the Plan For Every Assembly (PFEA) process.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Design Engineering. Master's preferred
- 3-5 years of experience
- Experience with Lean Process improvement practices is required
- Experience in traditional manufacturing/machine shop environment desired with a broad knowledge of various machining processes, tooling, and methods
- Willing to take on any challenges that arise
- Results-oriented and customer focused
- Handles stress in a professional manner
- Demonstrates the ability to get along with others
- Works overtime / extra hours as required to meet business needs
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.