Mechanical Design Engineer.
Columbus area growing company with a proven product line seeks a Product Engineer. Qualified candidates will be work on a variety of projects full life cycle engineering from design, building prototypes, sourcing with supplies and manufacturing.
location: Lewis Center, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $35.00 - 40.25 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Design electro-mechanical products from the ground up bringing them to market.
- Design, prototype and verify complete product before approval for production.
- Obtain quotes for prototype, approved production of designed machines.
- Complete assembly and verification of prototype to meet specified standards.
- Create CAM programs for producing prototype and production parts.
- Produce dimensional and assembly drawings for parts required to produce product.
- Specify all materials, fasteners, motors required for design.
- Produce BOM's (bill of material) for inventory and assembly.
- Estimate costing on parts produced in house
- Minimum - Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical Engineering, Robotics Engineering
- Minimum 5+ years' experience
- Proven track record of successful machine design from concept to mark
- Reverse engineering experience is a must
- Complete understanding of manufacturing process
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail
- Excellent project management skills
- Proven experience in Solidworks and all features included within software
- Able to work independently
- Knowledge of CAM, preferably HSMWorks
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.