Sr. Engineer-Building Code Compliance
Very reputable and growing manufacturer is looking to hire a Sr. Engineer who has building code compliance experience. This role will be located in the Sarasota, Florida area.
This role comes with a very competitive compensation plan commensurate with experience with a base salary ranging from $80k to $90k plus a 15% bonus opportunity and relocation assistance.
The ideal candidate will possess experience with knowledge of building code compliance relative to the development of new and existing products.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Sarasota, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Monitors and drives changes in building and energy code that affect the building products industry including ASCE, ASTM, AAMA, ICC, NFRC, FPA and TDI
- Attends industry meetings and drives modifications to building codes and testing standards that strategically align with the business, determines and communicates how these changes affect current and future products
- Provides direction and prepares engineering packages for product approval by code bodies, determines required design parameters for testing of products
- Interprets regional design implications from customers, sales representatives and service representatives to determine requirements for testing and product design
- Monitors status of current certifications and plans for recertification to maintain product approvals
- -Prepares certifications of job-specific applications and insurance forms
- -Works with sales and marketing on new business opportunities
- -Works with product engineering to develop new design concepts
- -Meets face to face with distributors and key decision makers oon upcoming projects
- Bachelor's degree in engineering
- Project management experience in a team environment
- Working knowledge of all specifications required for the in-house and field testing of all company products
- All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and AutoCad
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.