Leading manufacturing company that specializes in developing and manufacturing high-tech equipment for the construction and agriculture industry is looking for their next Hardware Engineer due to continued growth. The newly renovated facility is located in Racine County Wisconsin. If your skill set includes any combination of ARM architecture, ARM assembly language, Bare - Metal C Programming, CAN/J1939, Coding Standard (MISRA C) and core concepts of RTOS. You could be a great fit for this role!
location: Franksville, Wisconsin
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Knowledge of manufacturing and prototyping processes, working with fabricators to develop models and rapid prototypes.
- Control hardware design experience including low power logic hardware circuit design, PCB layout with signal integrity and EMI considerations
- Understanding of gate drive design, thermal management, voltage and current sensing techniques and protection circuitry
- Knowledge of digital circuit and analog circuit and specially switching power supply design & test.
- Knowledge in embedded control peripherals (RAM, Flash, FPGA, SPI, I2C, UART, PWM, A/D, Ethernet/MII, CAN), typical design and test equipment (oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, logic analyzers, digital signal analyzers), and writing and executing hardware test specifications
- Familiarity with packaging designs for electrical & electronic devices, including design for mechanical robustness, EMC, and thermal considerations
- BS (4 year) and/or MS in Electrical, Electronics engineering
- 4+ years' experience in embedded hardware design for engine, hydraulic, or vehicle control systems.
- 4+ years' experience in Mentor, Altium, OrCad, or equivalent hardware development package.
- 4+ years' experience in power electronics development in the area of motion control systems and/or industrial power conversion equipment.
- 4+ years of experience with digital circuit and analog circuit design and test.
- 4+ years of experience with typical embedded control peripherals (RAM, Flash, FPGA, SPI, I2C, UART, PWM, A/D, Ethernet/MII, CAN), typical design
- Experience with analog design of signal conditioning and filter circuitry
- Design experience developing power electronic circuits (DC power supplies) is a plus
- Component analysis experience and device characterization of IGBTs and MOSFETs is a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering best practices in the automotive and heavy equipment domain using IEC 61508, ISO 26262 or ISO 13849 standard.
- Experience in designing for EMI/EMC compliance
- Knowledge of common project management practices (8D, FMEA, GAP Analysis, Specification development)
- Familiarity with common automotive standards (J1939 and/or CANOpen)
- Knowledge of Python, Lua or C# is a plus.
- Experience working with automotive PLCs (Bosh/Rexroth, IFM, STW, HED) is a plus.
- Computer Skills: Linux OS, MS Windows, Microsoft Office Suite which includes Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.