A product design and development firm in the Kansas City, KS area is seeking an experienced Firmware Engineer to add to their team. The ideal candidate will have experience in regulated industries or medical products and solid experience developing real-time embedded software. BS in Computer Engineering preferred. Good communication skills required for customer interaction.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Lenexa, Kansas
job type: Permanent
salary: $95,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Design and develop software to meet clients' expectations
- System and modular design, software development, verification and validation and documentation
- Work with design team to determine alternate solutions
- Provide accurate on on-time estimates for job assignments
- Develop IoT hardware
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering, electrical engineering or related field
- 8+ years developing real-time embedded software is preferred
- Familiarity with ISO 13485, IEC 60601-1 Clause 14 and IEC 62304 for software development
- C/C++ programming experience
- Linux experience desired
- Familiarity with software version control/defect tracking tools (CVS, GITLab)
- Real-time Operating Systems experience
- Experience developing firmware for medical devices preferred, or minimum of developing software in a highly regulated industry
- Experience with Cloud applications and how they interface to deliver an overall system required. Strong IT background desired over embedded systems background
- Experience with AWS IoT and protocols including http, MQTT and JSON preferred
- Experience developing IoT products required.
- Embedded Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Information Technology
- CVS, GITLab
- Cloud applications
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.