Our client in Yorba Linda is looking for a Quality Manager with a background in ISO-9000, and Internal, External Audit capabilities.
location: Yorba Linda, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 65,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: High School
- Coordinate the resolution of internal and external quality issues pertaining to defective vendor material.
- Monitor incoming material and production to ensure quality is consistent and meets customer specifications.
- Resolve customer complaints by implementing corrective and preventive actions through the application of problem solving methods such as the 8D, 5Y and DOE methodologies.
- Maintain all divisional quality system documentation in a controlled environment designed to insure all divisional quality certification requirements are maintained.
- Coordinate all internal auditing functions of the divisional quality system.
- Develop inspection methods that will insure incoming material conforms to customer and divisional specifications.
- Engineer appropriate test procedures on new products to aid in the expansion of the sales market.
- Schedule and review calibration and GR&R studies of all equipment used to measure critical characteristics of processed product.
- Select qualified vendors to support calibration and testing requirements of divisional equipment.
- Implement and maintain an approved calibration venders list and calibration acceptance tolerance requirements.
- Utilize appropriate computer software to capture and analyze accurate quality data to assist in the evaluation of information and data.
- Coordinate quality issues between customers, WMS, Rolled Products and Aluminum Mills to ensure consistent quality standards throughout all aspects of the WMS's business functions.
- Develop Quality staff through various training initiatives to expand knowledge and responsibilities.
- Four Year College Degree or Equivalent - Four Year Mechanical Engineering Degree Preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of quality system experience in areas of conducting internal audits, developing 8D corrective actions, PPAP development, FMEA development, flow charting, control plan development, SPC analysis, and GR&R analysis.
- Knowledge of polymer chemistry and metallurgy.
- Must be knowledgeable in Mathematics.
- Strong computer skills including VB and Excel programming.
- Quality Systems, Internal Audi, External Audit, SPC analysis, flow charting, corrective action, Excel
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.