A prominent world leader in the production and manufacture of lighting products is seeking a Global VP of Operations and Supply Chain. This position will report to the CEO with responsibility for global manufacturing operations and supply chain management. The company has been in business for over 50 years, with global sales of approximately 200 million. They are a world leader in lighting technology. The company has more than 1800 employees globally, with manufacturing operations in the US and Mexico with satellite manufacturing in other parts of the world. The salary for the role is over $200K plus base, bonus, stock options, restricted stock and a full range of traditional benefit plans including medical, vision, dental and 401-K. THIS IS A REMOTE BASED POSITION. CANDIDATE MAY BE LOCATED ANYWHERE IN THE US.
location: Farmingdale, New Jersey
job type: Permanent
salary: $250,000 - 300,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 4pm
- Primarily responsible for all company facilities and operating activities in manufacturing, customer service and supply chain management globally.
- Responsible for manufacturing, logistics, transportation, inventory management, demand planning, warehousing, finished goods and purchasing.
- Along with the CEO reviews and approves all major Operations projects including capital expenditures, manufacturing expansion and standard cost.
- Responsible for managing inventory levels to achieve turns and production to meet production schedules as aligned with customer demand.
- Responsible for capacity requirement planning to ensure proper and efficient utilization of systems, equipment, human resources, space and facilities.
- Responsible for interfacing with Sales and Sourcing teams to review MRP forecast to actual sales and adjust production and orders accordingly.
- Maintain a formal production schedule to meet order requirements.
- Maintain control of planned production, budgets, spending, labor and material efficiency.
- Responsible to ensure all facilities are operated in an efficient, environmentally friendly, legal and safe manner.
- Responsible to implement a continuous improvement plan and culture to ensure that they have the capability to meet growth opportunities, business requirements and objectives competitively.
- 15+ years of progressive experience in the management of direct production operations, outsource partnering and supply chain management, including 5 years at the executive level in a multi-cultural, high technology manufacturing company.
- Specific experience in a high mix, low volume production environment very desirable.
- Bachelor's Degree, (Master's Degree desirable), in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business or a complimentary degree program such as Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Operations.
- Knowledge of demand planning systems, outsource manufacturing, a proven track record of implementing operational excellence and continuous improvement in manufacturing and supply chain settings, development of focused KPI's and dashboard metrics designed to monitor and track performance very desirable.
- Seeking an individual with excellent analytical and organizational skills, with keen attention to detail and strong written, verbal and presentation and computer skills in Microsoft office suite.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.