Agriculture company focusing on irrigation systems is looking to add a Design Drafter to work with our team of Engineers and convert designs into detailed drawing packages. The ideal candidate will have 2 years experience and be proficient in Solidworks and AutoCAD.
location: Lodi, California
job type: Contract
salary: $50,000 - 60,000 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
- Liaise with engineers and sales personnel to gather design, product and structural requirements
- Describe production and assembly methods to be used in a step-by-step drawing format. Utilize standards and ASME Y14.5
- Create detailed design drawings using Solidworks and AutoCAD software
- Design fabrication and assembly drawings to be used by other departments
- Prepare and review rough sketches with the engineering team
- Identify and resolve potential operational issues with engineers
- Ensure final designs comply with regulations and quality standards
- Proven work experience as a Drafter or similar role
- Hands-on experience with Solidworks and AutoCAD software
- Familiarity with 3D modeling tools
- Solid math skills
- Ability to be work and meet deadlines in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Accountability and ability to adapt
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.