3rd Shift Laboratory Technician is needed for a leading industrial manufacturer or material used in the automotive industry located in Taylor, MI. Role is responsible for the safe and correct preparation of metal samples and the testing of those samples per the requirements of the testing plan. Must have at least two (2) years Lab testing experience in order to understand and operate complex Lab equipment. Candidates must be open to work on either an afternoon or midnight shift. This is a long term contract opportunity with overtime potential. APPLY NOW!
location: Taylor, Michigan
job type: Contract
salary: $20.75 - 25.75 per hour
work hours: 9pm to 7am
education: High School
- Responsible for the safe and correct preparation of metal samples and the testing of those samples per the requirements of the testing plan
- Ensures the resulting values are correctly logged either via the automation systems or by manual entry
- Responsible for daily production testing, product quality control and special investigations.
- Follow the inspection plan and ensuring all necessary testing is completed for metal certification
- High School Diploma is required (College coursework preferred)
- Must have at least some Lab experience in order to understand and operate complex Lab equipment
- Material testing (metals) and inspection experience is ideal
- Must possess advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office, specifically Excel)
- Experience with Lab software such as Instron Blue Hill, is a plus
- Contractor benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, etc.)
- PTO plan
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.