Growing and very reputable manufacturing company located in the Miami, Florida area is looking to hire a Bilingual EH&S Specialist.
This role comes with a very competitive base salary commensurate with experience ranging from $60k to $75k plus bonus and relocation assistance.
The ideal candidate will have experience in developing and administering facility Environmental, Health and Safety programs in accordance with OSHA, ANSI, EPA, local/state/federal regulatory requirements and corporate policies, standards, procedures and objectives.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Hialeah, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 75,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Evaluate new chemicals use to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, promote a safe work environment and protect the environment
- Manage/implement complex industrial hygiene programs for multiple facilities
- Monitor industrial hygiene (chemical & physical hazards)
- Conduct routine and follow up industrial hygiene surveys, prepare reports, recommend improvement and communicate findings to site leadership
- Provide training and information necessary to ensure responsible personnel are aware of corporate and governmental EHS regulations and requirements
- Assist department managers, supervisors, and employees with implementation of creative approaches to improve safety, minimize environmental footprint and liability and implement EHS initiatives
- Direct and lead local regulatory compliance to include, but not limited to: Title V, SPCC, EPCRA, RCRA and storm water discharge
- Bachelor's degree in Safety, Engineering or Science
- Candidates must be Bilingual in Spanish
- Hands on professional health, safety and environmental experience in a manufacturing environment
- Proficient with EHS regulatory requirements including OSHA, EPA, ANSI, ASTM, DOT, RCRA, EPCRA etc.
- Following certifications are preferred but not required: ASP, GSP, OHST, OSHA 30 Hour, OSHA 501/511, CSHO, HAZWOPER, RCRA, CHMM
- All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook 365
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.