We are searching for an Avionics Lab Manager in Wichita, KS to work at a reputable aerospace company. This is a contract position expected to last a 6 moths to a year.
location: Wichita, Kansas
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Responsible for directing and coordinating activities of the Avionics Lab with a strong emphasis on safety, quality and On Time Delivery.
- Direct and mentor avionics employees of a high-end, technical lab that
repairs/overhauls aircraft avionics components, such as, GPS, weather
radar, navigation/communication systems, autopilot systems and
accessories in accordance with MFG specifications and FAA guidelines
- Review and monitor repair/overhaul activities to meet customer and stock
- Responsible for communication with customers regarding quotations,
repairs and delivery
- Establish technician schedules that will ensure quality and delivery of
product meets specifications
- Prepares and reviews lab reports and resolve operational, manufacturing,
and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent delays
- 10+ years of aircraft avionics with experience in general aviation
avionics with 5+ years of management or supervisory experience
- Current working knowledge of FAA and EASA regulations
- Excellent customer relation skills required including strong verbal and
written communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.