A prominent manufacturing company in the San Jose area is seeking a Materials Program Manager. Program Manager will be responsible for cost, quality, delivery, and accountability of materials to support R&D and manufacturing of imaging systems. The PM will collaborate Supply Chain for the development and maintenance of supply base relationships and strategic sourcing for various commodities. This is a six figure plus opportunity, and an opportunity to work for a company that is growing and thriving!
location: San Jose, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $95,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Ensure all material needs are met for development engineering programs.
- Track and account for all U.S. Government owned material/property.
- Manage multiple internal cross-functional relationships and strategic external relationships. Ensure ownership and alignment are achieved between external and internal partners to meet program materials objectives (cost, schedules, assurance of supply, quality etc.)
- Responsibilities for this position include defining project goals, objectives, scope, and evaluation metric with regard to material support to programs. Identify appropriate methods and criteria for evaluating project success. Develop and manage project work plans and timelines.
- Develop ongoing collaborative relationships with key stakeholders.
- BA/BS degree in a technical field
- 7+ years of experience in program and materials management of various commodities including OEM, Electro-mechanical, machining, gas distribution etc. with a focus on cost reduction
- Experience in working with contract manufacturers would be helpful but not required
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, capable of attaining a DoD Secret security clearance.
- Demonstrated prior experience in accurately ordering prototype electronics material
- Demonstrate prior experience in tracking materials throughout the lifecycle of development programs, including accounting for U.S. Government Property in accordance with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
- Demonstrated prior experience/leadership in aggressively cutting costs and strategic acquisition of products and services.
- Ability to move between strategic thinking and detailed execution, including the ability to analyze large amounts of data with superior Microsoft Excel Modeling skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.