Aerospace company is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to manage high complexity design and planning of layout for assembly and materials handling, adaptation of machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions, planning of sequence of operations and specification procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other functions that affect product performance. A qualified candidate will have 0-2 years of experience with a Bachelor's degree in Engineering discipline.
location: Fairfield, California
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Participates in the design and arrangement of machines within plant facilities to ensure more efficient and productive layout.
- May propose the sequence of operations and installations and supports in specifying procedures for fabrication of tools and equipment and other processes which may include disassembly/assembly and repairs, to ensure efficiency and optimize performance.
- Participates in the development of manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control to ensure compliance and effective production.
- May check and validate that mandatory modifications, programs, and bulletins are incorporated or complied with, as required by the customer and the applicable regulatory requirements, to ensure legal compliance and adherence to quality standards.
- Designs and develops manufacturing processes for products, taking into consideration problems inherent in the transfer of technology from research to manufacturing.
- Such design and development may include new or revised processes.
- Develops procedures for the economical mass production in cooperation with pilot-plant and production departments.
- Conducts tests and measurements throughout stages of production to determine control over applicable variables; and services, troubleshoots and solves production process problems with processes or equipment already in operation.
- Reviews field support requirements and recommends tools and test equipment.
- Determines maintenance and repair materials required for deployment.
- May make recommendations concerning acquisition and use of new technological equipment and materials.
- 0-2 years experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering discipline
- Motivated, team player
- Great communicator
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.