Immediate need for an Industrial Engineer for a global leading mfg located West of Waukesha. In this role you will be responsible for ongoing process improvement initiatives that deliver excellence across entire value chain. You will lead process improvement initiatives by implementing policies, procedures and process documentation related to continuous improvement directives.
location: Jefferson, Wisconsin
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 38 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Responsible for leading and coordinating the successful launch of New Product Introductions (NPI) within operations.
- Contribute to facility transformation, technology transfer and ongoing maintenance of mixed model lines or value streams.
- Ensure ongoing success of process improvement initiatives by implementing policies, procedures and process documentation.
- Implement demand driven principals and strategies that supports operational excellence and long range plans. (Flexibility, Speed & Responsiveness)
- Ensure product, material and information streams flow and are synchronized to produce maximum efficiencies and lowest cost of operation.
- Contribute to creation of innovative ideas to improve business results.
- Deploy standard company tools, methodologies, standards, practices and processes.
- Implement objectives to include continuous improvement initiatives to achieve customer satisfaction and fulfillment needs.
- Work closely with shop floor personnel to promote ongoing Continuous Improvement of manufacturing methods, systems and controls.
- Responsibility for area layouts, process definition, and equipment justification, selection, and implementation
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Industrial Technology
- 3-5 years related experience in the Engineering function within a similar working environment.
- Experience working with complex mfg products
- Proficiency in CAD (AutoCAD, Solid Works and/or ProE);
- Knowledge of lean principles and process improvements;
- Diverse skills and experience leading projects;
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally to achieve desired results;
- Experience operating in high mix, low volume and high volume, low mix production environments;
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving and conflict resolution;
- Proven track record of successfully managing shifting deadlines and priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills;
- Team player
- Problem solver
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.