Our client in Torrance is looking for a Regulatory Compliance Coordinator Specialist to start as soon as possible!
location: Torrance, California
job type: Contract
salary: $28.00 - 28.91 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Effectively interact and communicate with regional counterparts, manufacturers and other departments on a daily basis with regard to all aspects of the product lifecycle.
- Assist with the review of new preliminary and concept formulas to determine ingredient acceptability and appropriate product classification for corporate initiatives and launches.
- Request and prepare supporting technical and non-technical data from manufacturers, technical library and various departmental sources.
- Assist with the creation of new SKU's, setup of the Bill of Materials (BOM) and completion of the product release.
- Responsible for confirming formula and label acceptability, as well as the receipt of necessary licenses, prior to approving the product to the 'Production' lifecycle.
- Initiate and drive changes for items (raw materials, formulas, printed components, SKU's) through the database system.
- Prepare reports of all varieties through the database system and will assist with the validation of data for use in all reports and queries.
- Keep abreast of general & product-specific regulatory developments in projects of responsibility.
- BS in Chemistry, or Biology, Life Sciences.
- Manufacturing experience, preferrably in food science
- Worked with BOM's and SKU's in the past.
- Heavy Data skills
- Bachelors in a Scientific genre
- Manufacturing experience
- Data- Excel
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.