Industrial Machinery & Equipment company is seeking an experienced Precision Grinder Machinist to join their team. This position is an integral part in supporting the Production team. Qualified candidates will have an AA degree and 5-7 years of experience. Swing Shift - 3:00pm - 1:30 am 4 days a week.
location: Newberg, Oregon
job type: Permanent
salary: $66,560 - 70,000 per year
work hours: 3pm to 12am
- Read and follow daily work schedule and prioritize work.
- Gathers all documentation needed to perform the job.
- Verifies that the revision levels are current and match.
- Operates mills, lathes, and surface grinders.
- Pulls and prepares raw material to be ready for next job.
- Cleans and deburrs the material as needed to remove sharp edges and allow for placement in vises or fixtures.
- Operates drill presses, honing machines, hydraulic presses, etc. to perform secondary operations.
- Performs mechanical inspection to verify parts meet engineering specifications.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on various machine shop tools.
- Performs light assembly as needed.
- Assists all cell team members as needed to ensure that team goals are met.
- Performs all CNC machine tool setups with assistance from CNC Journey Level Machinists. Performs minor editing of the CNC program and communicates changes to programmer.
- Initiates process improvements including fixture design, tooling upgrades and works with other support team members to follow through on implementation.
- Performs any secondary operations as necessary to complete the process in its entirety.
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining problems.
- Performs all routine machine tool setups.
- Will operate a variety of machine tools including lathes, milling machines, grinders, hones, etc.
- Performs all quality and measurement functions as related to the machining of components.
- May travel occasionally, primarily in the local area.
- Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
- 5-7 years of experience
- Handles stress in a professional manner
- Demonstrates the ability to get along with others
- Demonstrates successful attendance and punctuality
- Works overtime / extra hours as required to meet business needs
- Team-player with strong communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.