A Manufacturing Engineer is needed for an American privately held global corporation specializing in food, agricultural, financial and industrial products in the Lafayette, IN area. The main function of a manufacturing engineer is to apply engineering theory and principles to problems of industrial layout or manufacturing production. A typical manufacturing engineer has the ability to make engineering drawings, and read and interpret blueprints.
location: Lafayette, Indiana
job type: Contract
salary: $19.00 - 31.63 per hour
work hours: 7am to 3pm
- This position is accountable for coordinating the total functions starting with the manufacturability of product at concept/design through the steps of production.
- This includes 6 Sigma initiatives, strategy development, Standard Work, and supporting cost reduction goals.
- Interpret engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, or formulas and confer with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
- Requires an accredited (4) year Engineering or Engineering Technology degree of a 2.8 or higher with 2 years of experience
- PC literate in Power Point, Excel, Word, MS Project, and AutoCad/Creo.
- Have working knowledge of FMEA's, SPC, Project Management, Lean Manufacturing, Error Proofing, Standard Work and Root Cause Analysis.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.