Global company on the cutting edge of advanced robotics technology is currently in search for a Engineering Shift Manager to join their growing team.The Engineering Team Manager will report directly to the Engineering Operations Manager with a dotted line to the Senior Engineering Operations Manager. The Engineering Team Manager will manage the engineering shift activities for one of the four shifts for a 24/7 operations. The position will be located at the Customer Fulfillment Center working closely with Inbound, Outbound and other support teams. This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the fastest growing companies in North America.
location: Middletown, Ohio
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 103,000 per year
work hours: Rotating Shifts
- Create and promote a safe work culture by being a champion of safe work practices.
- Lead daily safety meetings creating or implementing any needed risk assessments to complete planned work.
- Assessment of engineering team skills and assisting in up-skilling and training of staff, including integration of first line maintenance of plant and equipment.
- Management and development of department processes; including shift handovers, briefs, and defect reporting/resolving.
- Monitor and report daily engineering KPIs, including fault reduction and elimination.
- Performance management, development and training of the team.
- Direct personnel management responsibility.
- Lead a proactive customer focused culture. Drive and support change initiatives for Material handling equipment and process improvement.
- Build collaborative relationships with key customers and robust communication links.
- Support daily objective/corrective actions defined during daily safety meetings led by the engineering operations.
- A minimum of 4 years' relevant experience in electrical and/or mechanical roles.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in a management or supervisory level within an automated environment.
- A bachelor's degree in engineering or relevant field of study or; an associate's degree coupled with an additional 2 years of relevant experience.
- Good technical ability relating to automation hardware and software.
- Sound analytical skills with an eye for detail; good problem solving ability and a practical approach.
- Comprehensive understanding of production, picking and storage systems, gained from experience in an automated environment.
- Experience of working with computerized maintenance management systems.
- The ability to really engage and enthuse a diverse team in a time-constrained environment.
- engineering manager, distribution center, automation, automated, robotics, electrical engineering, electrical, robot, conveyors.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.