Mechanical Design engineer needed for a client just South of Indianapolis. My client is seeking a person with strong mechanical and SolidWorks skills. Prime candidates will enjoy the engineering challenge of designing customized machinery, material handling, and manufacturing process systems.
location: Indianapolis, Indiana
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 75,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Use creativity to develop electro/mechanical machines that may incorporate robotics, rotary actuators, conveyors, servos, power transmission, pneumatics, hydraulics, and various sheet and structural metal components to satisfy customer needs.
- Operate SolidWorks 3-D CAD software to develop concepts and final engineering detail drawings.
- Develop and maintain project Bill of Material content listing all fabricated and purchased components
- Troubleshoot designs and manufacturing issues by interfacing with other engineers and manufacturing staff to find solutions.
- Travel to customer locations as required to verify design requirements and direct mechanical install/start-up/operator training.
- BS or AAS in ME, MET or related engineering field
- Experience with SolidWorks or AutoCAD 3-D, Word, Excel required
- Machine Design experience
- Good benefits
- opportunities for growth
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.