Leading Medical Device Manufacturing in south Florida (near Ft. Lauderdale) is seeking Sr. Manufacturing Engineer with a strong back ground in packaging experience. Ideal candidate will have experience managing and leading projects and tasks focused on packaging. Relocation package is available for qualified candidates.
location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Performs process, tool, and gauge development and implementation activities, implement cost reductions
- Develop process layouts, develop and maintain manufacturing instructions and device history records, and execute process validation protocols
- Complete investigation, improvements, and documentation of preventative and corrective actions (CAPAs)
- Utilize Lean Manufacturing principles in order to increase productivity / throughput, reduce cost, and /or eliminate waste
- Develop, document (using AutoCad / SolidWorks), and implement fixtures, jigs, tools, and gauges
- Investigate and provide engineering support to Manufacturing processes, SPC, and non-conforming material (NCR)
- Manage tooling system, preventive maintenance, calibrations, and equipment records; manage duties of manufacturing technician, including workload and personal issues.
- BS in Engineering
- 7+ years of experience, ideally specific to Med Device manufacturing.
- Experience with polymers, medical grade metals and medical packaging
- Project management experience in the medical device industry is a PLUS
- Manufacturing engineer, packaging, FDA, FDA approval, packaging design, packaging manufacturing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.