A Quality Technician is needed for a leading automotive manufacturing organization. The Quality Technician is responsible for checking equipment, part, and weld accuracy using a variety of quality devices.
Qualified candidates must have 5+ years of related quality technician experience within an automotive manufacturing environment, and experience with weld quality is preferred. Candidates must also be willing to travel up to 60% of the time. This is a long-term contract opportunity in the San Antonio, TX area, and our client is only seeking local talent or candidates willing to relocate on their own at this time.
location: San Antonio, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $23.50 - 35.00 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
- Check equipment, part, and weld accuracy using a variety of quality devices
- Support sheet-metal sub-assembly and body build R&D trials
- Provide feedback to project leaders on any quality incongruities
- Gather part information and update digital engineering systems
- 5+ years of related quality technician experience within an automotive manufacturing environment
- Prior experience using scanners, laser trackers, and related portable CMM tools
- Experience with weld quality is preferred; knowledge of metrology, weld tooling design, weld tool fabrication is coveted
- Prior robotic programming experience is preferred
- Must be proficient with MS office
- Ability to travel up to 60% of the time; open to working weekends, holidays, off shifts, and overtime as needed
- Prior Automotive Background preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.